Ember's Rest Ember's Rest

Hell yeah! This is the best track I've heard on newgrounds in a while. You really capture some emotion here, something I'm struggling to do. Did you play it yourself or program the MIDI? I see what you mean with the mix, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Only thing you might want to look at is a tone or dissonance that resonates really loud around 2:02. Can't quite put my finger on what it is though. Anyway, you did a fine job with the composition however in the chord changes after 3:00 it's not as solid as the rest of the song. It seems like you somehow put a little less effort in there. Good job over all! I've gotta check out those samples.

drumdude responds:

Thanks! The piano was played into MIDI and then pretty much untouched. The violin/cello were played in as well and then fine tuned (dynamics/vibrato)in MIDI to make them more expressive and realistic.

I agree about the part after 3:00. I wrote the entire piano part first and then put strings over it. I honestly was never entirely confident about what to do with the strings at that point.

Thanks for the review!

The Foundry The Foundry

Nice job!

Awesome track mate. What did you use to make the metal-y sounds?

Joerao responds:

I use some free soundfonts and a few libraries from Eastwest/Quantum Leap.

JBI - A hero's Journey JBI - A hero's Journey

Epic

I randomly narrated everything I was doing and thinking when I listened to this track. Everything I said sounded like an epic dialog from some movie! Outstanding work!

reel2 responds:

really? Haha that's so cool xD

The Mayor's Wife The Mayor's Wife

Fantastic

This is great! Instantly makes me think of games like Chrono Trigger and Banjo Kazooie which are as you should know two games with very good music. The only nitpicking I can give is that the harpsichord sounds a little too unrealistic. Then again that brings back the feeling of the SNES and N64.

camman007 responds:

Yea the harpisord sample isn't the best, but is absolutely crucial to get the Victorian Age sound

Forest Boss Forest Boss

Pro shit!

This is amazing! I believe you could work as a professional. What software/VSTs did you use?

camman007 responds: